I was working to Brief No.1- Music Promotion.
The artist was the band Shotgun Amigo. I knew about them before as the lead singer/rhythm guitarist is my nephew, Elliot Murtaugh. So this whole thing was a family affair. Obviously because of this permission was easily granted and he was more than happy for me to use the track 'No Paradise'.
I would class the music genre as Indie Rock. The sound is quite like that of The Arctic Monkeys, taking inspiration from Kings of Leon but also drawing a likeliness to The Stone Roses
I think it's a great genre of music and the pace and feel of the song 'No Paradise' really sold 'Shotgun Amigo' to me. The most significant feature of the song for me is the use of rise and fall, it builds to the chorus then drops in to the next verse but then at the end there is a big build to the final chorus and as the band call it a "MUSICAL EXPLOSION", which was the initial attraction for me.
It was a song that'd I'd liked and listened to for the last few months and still it got me moving every time so I felt sure that I could create a video of the same quality to compliment it and do the band proud!
It's safe to say that my final video is somewhat of a variation to my initial pitch and plan but the diversions were mainly out of my control, abiding laws and working around distance and limited time. However I believe that although not everything went to plan, it all came out alright in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment