Thursday, 11 October 2012

Blog reflection 5

This week I looked for other locations to throw my Holi and pretty much came back with nothing! It's understandle, councils don't want me throwing paint all over there high roads and thats fine. So then I looked at different places for example derelict buildings, such as swimming pools:

The thinking behind the derelict buildings was the image of colourful, vibrant powder being thrown over the washed out, old buildings. So I looked for derelict buildings within reasonable distance. Then from what seemed a divine power I found... "Severalls Asylum" in Colchester.



This place is beautifully eerie. The flaked murals painted on the long corridors give a sense of the rehabilitation that once was present. The idea of paradise or the lack of could be connoted through the beautiful colours covering the derelict, flaked walls and captured falling through the beams of natural light that pierces the dark haunting rooms. I need to do more research on the logistics of shooting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment